Thursday 31 May 2012

A very controversial topic

Hi everyone!

Today I was browsing through Media Watch's website and I came across this segment they did on the News of the World scandal. I thought this segment was very insightful and interesting to see all the different newspapers and their perspectives on the News of The World scandal. I also liked how it was related back to Australia and our media.




Whilst it did occur last year, I am amazed at the actions of the News of the World and I think this controversy is an example of the lack of ethics and regard for law in this case, in journalism in this generation.

I am amazed at how journalists believe hacking phones and voice messages is ethical or acceptable for a story!

Below is the link to the episode, it is a very good deconstruction of the media frenzy surrounding the scandal.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s3266976.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment