Monday 11 June 2012

Final Overview of JOUR1111 Semester

Hello readers!

Well sadly, the semester of JOUR1111 has come to an end and I will commemorate it with this- my last blog post :)

I have really enjoyed the semester of Journalism and Communication, primarily because of the large amounts of content I have learned along the way.

Topics which I found particularly interesting to learn about were investigative journalism, commercial media and picture stories. The assessment pieces which I enjoyed completing the most were the factual storytelling exercise because my topic was my mum and this blog because I really liked reflecting each week on the lecture and things I thought were useful or worthy of sharing.

In terms of the construction of the course, I wouldn't change anything, I thought all the lecture topics were extremely relevant to budding journalists and the tutorials were correctly spaced out with lots of content to cover.

Finally, this course has enabled me to improve my creative writing skills and expanded my knowledge of all topics which are crucial to journalists today. I look forward to using these skills in whichever career path I choose to take.

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment